Saturday, August 23, 2008

Rajasthan

Popularly known as ‘Pink City of Rajasthan’, Jaipur is a land of rich cultural heritage. Unfolding the imperial legacy of the glorious past of the kingdom of Maharajas, Jaipur is painted in pink, the color of prosperity and happiness. My elongated trip to the city provided me an opportunity to explore some of the most spectacular vintage masterpieces.

The entire construction of the city reminded me of the wonderlands of the stories of my childhood. The magnificent palaces, majestic forts and citadels created a living picture of the princely era of Rajputs in front of my eyes at my first expedition to the city. The city was ruled by Maharaja Jai Singh and was the capital of his Kachwaha dynasty. The city thus was designed meticulously.

The city as I learned from my visit is one of the best planned cities. The wide boulevards and grand citadels are the marks of the thoughtful planning of the city. Maharaja Jai Singh II and the Bengali Guru Vidyadhar who was a Hindu Priest Architect planned the city according to the principles of Hindu architectural theory. This state promote the tourism in central India.

No comments: